Benefits of Membership
The Japan Society welcomes members of any nationality, age and background. Like us, all of our members are fully committed promoting a deep and lasting understanding between Japan and the UK. There are now more reasons than ever to become a member:
- Meet over 1,000 members both individual and corporate, all of whom have an active interest in Japan / UK relations.
- Attend a wide range of Japan Society events, including business-related, academic and cultural activities (please see Events).
- Support our educational outreach activities (such as Grants) and help to make a real difference to the understanding of Japanese culture and language in the UK .
- Get the most out of our events by becoming a volunteer!
- Receive discounts on the Japan Society’s own publications, and on a number of external publications, including the Sage Handbook of Modern Japanese Studies, Pushkin Press Japanese publications and the Asian Art Newspaper
- Influence the future direction of the Society by voting at our Annual General Meeting.