The Japan Society provides a variety of services to schools:
- Resources and Teaching Materials. Available for loan and to download.
- Volunteer Visits. Our Japan In Your Classroom (JIYC) scheme sends teams of volunteers to visit schools in selected areas of the UK.
- Access to Experts. For larger-scale events or when volunteers are unavailable in your area, we provide access to experts. Experts are professionals who charge a fee to lead workshops. They may be able to deal with larger numbers of students per day than JIYC volunteers and can be engaged to spend successive days at your school.
- Grants.Supporting Japan-related educational activities where a small injection of funds can make a real difference.
- School Partnerships. Our School Links scheme helps you to find a partner school and provides invaluable support services, such as advice and translation.
- Teacher Training Days. On subjects across the curriculum, from Japanese art to developing a primary Japan ‘topic’.
- Bilingual Website. Our bilingual website,Japan UK LIVEenables students at partnered and non-partnered schools to enjoy translated communication with peers in Japan.
- Advice. On teaching about Japan within or outside the curriculum.
The Japan Society is most grateful to all those who support its schools education and small grants progamme.