Geography Resource Pack
- General physical geography: relief and climate.
- Physical geography: plate tectonics and natural disasters.
- Human geography: population and transport.
- Industry Introductory/Primary: history, farming, fishery, forestry.
- Secondary: heavy industry, iron & steel, shipbuilding, chemical.
- Secondary: paper, electronics.
- Secondary: automobile, multinationals.
- Tertiary: introduction, tourism.
- Organisation: companies, government policy, international trade.
- Energy Introduction, fossil fuels, HEP.
- Nuclear power, alternative energy sources, future.
- Environment Global issues: introduction, government policy, action.
- Case Studies: Minamata, Yokkaichi, Jinzu Basin – problems & responses.
- Regions Introduction: overview of Japan’s regions.
- Tokyo: growth of a megalopolis, problems & policies.
- Case studies of Miyagi and Shimane.
The pack comprises four sections, all of which may be photocopied for school use.
- Teachers notes: Explain the aims of the pack and give suggestions for use in a variety of teaching situations.
- Basic maps / skills sheets : A series of outline maps and instructions on specific geographical skills eg drawing pie charts.
- Information sheets: Each topic is dealt with in a four page A4 booklet. In most cases, page 1 is a general introduction to the topic (KS3), with the remaining pages providing information and detailed case studies for KS4 upwards.
- Task sheets: The tasks are presented separately from the information to allow differentiation according to pupil needs and ability.
The pack is free to schools, though a charge is made for postage and packing. To receive a pack, please send a cheque for £3.00 made payable to The Japan Society, together with your name and address, to:
Japan Society, 13/14 Cornwall Terrace, London NW1 4QP.
If you requre more than one copy, please contact us by email or telephone 020 3075 1995 for postage costs.