The Japan Society Spring MiniFest
Saturday 2 March 2024
10.00am - 12.30pm (Family Session)
1.00pm - 3:20pm (Teen Session)
St Mary's West Kensington
London W14 0QL
Free - Register below
Advance registration is highly recommended to guarantee entry!
Walk-ins are welcome on the day but subject to capacity.
A free mini-festival of Japanese Culture for young people and their friends and families!
Join us in the morning for the family session, or the afternoon for older children and teens (recommended for those aged 11-18). Details of activities and registration for each session are below.
The family session is open to all and runs from 10.00am – 12.30pm. Drop in anytime for the casual activities and join one of the live storytelling sessions.
- Live kamishibai performances by A Thousand Cranes at 10.45am and 11.45am
- Spring-themed origami and calligraphy
- Decorate hina dolls to celebrate the Japanese Doll Festival
The teen session is recommended for those aged 11-18, and their friends and family. The session runs from 1.00 - 3.20pm. Drop in anytime for the casual activities - don’t miss live shamisen music performances!
- Live music performances of shamisen at 1.40pm and 2.40pm
- Spring-themed calligraphy
- Create a manga postcard with professional Manga artist Chie Kutsuwada
- Decorate a kokeshi doll - traditional design or anime character, it's up to you!
Please email email@example.com with any enquiries.