We want to hear what sparked your connection to Japan! The Japan Society Members' Corner is a space for members to share their favourite memories of Japan and their involvement with the country’s cultural traditions, cuisine and people.
By collecting together members' memories and favourite moments, we will document and strengthen our unique community of passionate individuals, companies and organisations.
We would like to take this opportunity to thank both our individual and corporate members/donors for their continuous support and look forward to receiving your contributions!
How to Contribute
- Every two/three months we will present a theme around which we invite contributions from current Japan Society members. All contributions on the theme are welcome, it can be a short essay (English or Japanese), or simply brief recollections accompanied by photos or videos.
- Members can submit their contributions to firstname.lastname@example.org (please indicate the theme in the email subject). Deadline for submissions will be the last day of the final month for that theme, but please contact us if you are a new member and/or you want to submit to past themes.
- Members' contributions might be edited by The Japan Society and will be published in our website and social media with the name or alias of the author. By sending their contributions, members agree to its publication on our website and social media.
- Members' contributions must be original and belong to their authors as copyright holders. The Japan Society will not accept any responsibility for the content published.
- Members' Corner is open to contributions by current Japan Society members only, including staff from our corporate member companies. Please note that subscribing to our mailing list is not the same as being a member of the Japan Society. To find out about the benefits of The Japan Society membership and how to become a member please click here.
Our theme in May and June is… Japan at Home
Submission deadline: Friday 30 June 2023
‘If your computer speaks English, it was probably made in Japan’ – Alan Perlis
How does Japan affect your everyday life? Possibly in more ways than you think! When you look closely, you realise that Japan touches our lives in many ways. From delicious food to technological wonders, we can sense the influence of Japan on an almost daily basis. Whether it be the creative arts, the fashion industry, household appliances and technology, or even simply the way we choose to live our lives or decorate our home, we want to hear how Japanese exports have an impact on your everyday life!
Members who are interested in contributing should submit these to email@example.com with the subject header ‘Member’s Corner – Japan at Home’.
Japan at Home (May-Jun)Every Day Is Japan Day
L. J. English reflects on the many aspects and brands that are present in his life, from music to video games, photo cameras, films and tv shows.