We want to hear what sparked your connection to Japan! The Japan Society Members' Corner is a space for members to share their favourite memories of Japan and their involvement with the country’s cultural traditions, cuisine and people.
By collecting together members' memories and favourite moments, we will document and strengthen our unique community of passionate individuals, companies and organisations.
We would like to take this opportunity to thank both our individual and corporate members/donors for their continuous support and look forward to receiving your contributions!
How to Contribute
- Every two/three months we will present a theme around which we invite contributions from current Japan Society members. All contributions on the theme are welcome, it can be a short essay (English or Japanese), or simply brief recollections accompanied by photos or videos.
- Members can submit their contributions to email@example.com (please indicate the theme in the email subject). Deadline for submissions will be the last day of the final month for that theme, but please contact us if you are a new member and/or you want to submit to past themes.
- Members' contributions might be edited by The Japan Society and will be published in our website and social media with the name or alias of the author. By sending their contributions, members agree to its publication on our website and social media.
- Members' contributions must be original and belong to their authors as copyright holders. The Japan Society will not accept any responsibility for the content published.
- Members' Corner is open to contributions by current Japan Society members only, including staff from our corporate member companies. Please note that subscribing to our mailing list is not the same as being a member of the Japan Society. To find out about the benefits of The Japan Society membership and how to become a member please click here.
Our theme in January and February is… We Love Onsen!
Submission deadline: Tuesday 28 February 2023
What could be better in the cold winter months than easing yourself into a toasty bath and soaking up the unique atmosphere of Japan’s many hot spring towns? Perhaps you have a particular favourite, maybe even a hidden onsen few people know about, or what about the one with the best rotenburo bath?
Each comes with their unique charms (including the traditional ryokan inns often attached to them) and part of the joy is making new discoveries to add to that list of places you know you’ll return to time and time again. After all, it’s a world where the normal pace of things seems to slip away, while the gentle lap of water comforts both the body and mind. We want to hear from our members - all submissions on the theme are welcome!
Members who are interested in contributing should submit these to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject header ‘Member’s Corner - We Love Onsen!’.