ARCHIVED ONLINE EVENT - Cooking with Seaweed - the mineral-rich sea vegetable with Atsuko Ikeda & Clearspring
Date and Time
(A) Thursday 13 May 6.30pm - 8.30pm (BST) [Fully booked]
(B) Friday 14 May 3.30pm - 5.30pm (BST) [Fully booked]
(C) Friday 14 May 6.30pm - 8.30pm (BST) [Fully booked]
(D) Saturday 15 May 11.00am - 1.00pm (BST) [Fully booked]
Please state your 1st and 2nd choice when booking
£35 per person
The price includes postage and tuition fee. UK-resident participants will receive a complimentary ingredient package courtesy of Clearspring (worth £24.00).
Booking essential - Priority booking for Japan Society members and their guests
Bookings open for non-members from 30 April 2021 (More details on how to become a member here)
In order to allow us to support participants to achieve success in their cooking, numbers are limited to 12 per workshop. Early booking is recommended.
THIS EVENT IS FULLY BOOKED
- Sashimi kanten (sea vegetables) with sumiso (vinegar miso)
- Seaweed and spring onion pancake
- Shira-ae (mashed tofu salad) with arame
- Matcha mousse dessert made with agar and kuzu
*Please note that unfortunately we can send the Clearspring ingredient package to UK addresses only.
Atsuko Ikeda is a London based Japanese chef, cookbook author of Sushi Made Simple and Atsuko’s Japanese Kitchen and food photographer.
She has been sharing her knowledge and techniques of Japanese cooking with a series of classes at Atsuko’s Kitchen, which introduces family favourites, healthy vegan cuisine known as shojin ryori, alongside the art of sushi making.
Her classes are informal and interactive. Her down-to-earth and unpretentious approach to cuisine combined with her talent to create delicious, simple to prepare, beautiful meals perfectly impart the Japanese philosophy of elegance and simplicity.
If you have any questions, please call the Japan Society office on 020 3075 1996 or email us at: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Photograph: © Atsuko Ikeda
In association with:
- Priority booking for Japan Society members and their guests.
Bookings open for non-members from 30 April 2021.
- You should receive an automated email from the Japan Society to let you know that your booking request has been registered. Please note that your booking is pending while we check your details and you will receive a further email once your booking is confirmed.
- For online events, we will send you the zoom links and details to attend the event closer to the date.
- If you don't receive any confirmation emails or links, please check your spam folder or email email@example.com.