New Wellbeing Teaching Resources!
Now more than ever it’s important to look after our mental and physical health and we are delighted to announce the release of new teaching resources which can be used to promote positive wellbeing.
The new Japanese Culture and Wellbeing materials are structured around the NHS ‘5 Ways to Wellbeing’ with an individual lesson to introduce students to each of the ‘ways’: Connect, Be Active, Keep Learning, Take Notice and Give. As well as explaining how these ways contribute to positive wellbeing, each lesson theme is linked to a different aspect of Japanese culture, providing an opportunity to learn about Japan.
The themes covered are in the resources are:
- Connect: look at Japanese festivals to understand the importance of our relationships
- Be Active: explore connections between physical and mental wellbeing through Radio Taiso exercises
- Take Notice: learn to appreciate good moments and be mindful with cherry blossoms
- Keep Learning: learn new drawing skills and recognise emotions with magnificent manga
- Giving to Others: say 'arigato' and show our appreciation for others with thank you cards
Each lesson comes with a presentation, detailed lesson plan, activity ideas and accompanying resources which can be used to kick-start important conversations about how we feel.
Click here to find out more about each lesson and to download the resources.