Hina-matsuri - The Dolls Festival (March)
Hina-matsuri is a festival to celebrate the health and happiness of girls and is celebrated every March. It is common to see public displays of ornamental dolls dressed in Heian-era fashions. This lesson introduces the Doll Festival to students and its associated foods, decorations, and customs.
- To learn about the food, decoration and customs associated with Hina-matsuri; a festival for girls in Japan.
- Hina-matsuri Lesson Plan (PDF)
- Hina-matsuri Teacher's Background Notes (PDF)
- Hina-matsuri Presentation (PPT)
- Video - Origami Doll Tutorial