Manga: Lesson 2 - Japanese Manga Artists
In the second lesson of Introducing Manga to the Art Classroom, students learn about diversity within Manga by watching the videos of Japanese artists talking about their work.
Facilitate discussion using the Teacher Q&A document. Students will then work on designing their own characters in the Manga style.
- Introducing Manga to the Art Classroom Lesson Plans (PDF)
- Teacher-led Q&A discussion [Teachers' Notes] (PDF)
- Video - Japanese manga artist Fumio Obata introduces his work, Just So Happens.
- Worksheet - Basic Manga Face Template 1 (PDF)
- Worksheet - Basic Manga Faces Template 2 (PDF)
- Worksheet - Manga Facial Expressions Template (PDF)
- Worksheet - Ukiyo-e Manga Template (PDF)