Manga: Lesson 2 - Japanese Manga Artists
In the second lesson of Introducing Manga to the Art Classroom, students learn about diversity within Manga by watching the videos of Japanese artists talking about their work.
Facilitate discussion using the Teacher Q&A document. Students will then work on designing their own characters in the Manga style.
- Introducing Manga to the Art Classroom Lesson Plans (PDF 778KB)
- Teacher-led Q&A discussion [Teachers' Notes] (PDF 425KB)
- Video - Japanese manga artist Fumio Obata introduces his work, Just So Happens.
- Worksheet - Basic Manga Face Template 1 (PDF 107KB)
- Worksheet - Basic Manga Faces Template 2 (PDF 220KB)
- Worksheet - Manga Facial Expressions Template (PDF 310)
- Worksheet - Ukiyo-e Manga Template (PDF)
- Fumio Obata's Website
- Chie Kutsuwada's Website
- Inko's Website