Introducing Manga to the Art Classroom
Manga (comics or graphic novels) are a Japanese form of visual storytelling and are increasingly popular outside of Japan. These lessons give students an introduction to the history and cultural significance of Manga in Japan and as an art form. They will also create their own character, illustrated in the Manga style.
- Develop knowledge and understanding of Manga and its key characteristics.
- Compare and contrast drawing styles of different Manga artists.
- Improved understanding of Manga and its status in the wider field of Art.
- Development of illustration techniques through production of a composition based on Manga drawing styles.
- Introducing Manga to the Art Classroom Lesson Plans (PDF)
- See more information about Lesson 1
- See more information about Lesson 2