Undokai - Japanese Sports Day: Lesson 2
Subject: Physical Education / Other Topics
Level: Key Stage 1 / Key Stage 2 / Key Stage 3
Age: 5-7 years / 7-11 years / 11-15 years
Resource Type: Activities / Lesson Plans / Other
Lesson 2: Communication in Pair Work
In this lesson, students will realise the importance of effective communication in pair work as they take part in physical activities which test and strengthen their ability to work well in pairs.
- To understand how communication affects partner work by playing a typical Japanese sports day game, ‘What a Racket’.
- Identify the benefits of communication in pair work
- Select and apply communication strategies to a problem
- Perform with improving control the pairs tasks demonstrating good communication
- Lesson Plan: L2 Communication in Pair Work - PDF (594 KB)
- Japanese Sports Day Full Pack - PDF (22 MB)