Undokai - Japanese Sports Day: Lesson 3
Lesson 3: Fun and Physical Activity
This lesson highlights the importance of humour and having fun at a Japanese sports day. Students must think creatively and work collaboratively with their team to devise an activity for the opposing team that meets the criteria they have been given.
- To understand the importance of having fun to promote physical activity by playing typical Japanese sports day games
- Identify key differences between British and Japanese approaches to Sports Days.
- Understand the importance of humour and team work to provide a fun activity/activity day
- Replicate with accuracy two events typical to Japanese Sports Days.
- Lesson Plan: L3 Fun and Physical Activity - PDF (536 KB)
- Japanese Sports Day Full Pack - PDF (22 MB)