Journeys with Haiku: Lesson 3
Subject: English / Other Topics
Level: Key Stage 3
Age: 11-15 years
Resource Type: Lesson Plans / Worksheets
In this lesson, students will explore the impact of different tenses in creative writing by writing prose about their journey to school and editing their own work.
- Identify the different tenses.
- Understand the importance of using different tenses in poetry.
- Experiment with using different tenses and explain their effect.
- To understand the importance of writing in the present tense for creative writing.
- To be able to move proficiently between different tenses in writing and explain their effect.
- To refine their awareness of the physical environment and sensory experiences to refine written compositions.
- L3 Lesson Plan - PDF (495 KB)
- L3 Worksheet [for students] - PDF (240 KB)
- L3 Worksheet [with teacher's notes] - PDF (297 KB)
- Additional Worksheet -Journey Using Five Senses- PDF (157 KB)