Journeys with Haiku: Lesson 2
Level: Key Stage 3
Age: 11-15 years
Resource Type: Lesson Plans / Worksheets
Students will learn about the key elements of haiku: that they are seasonal poems which contain a ‘phrase’ and a ‘fragment’. Students will also have a chance to write their own haiku and read it aloud.
- Understand the purpose and impact of a Haiku.
- Explore the key message and connotations of a text.
- Understand the key elements of Haiku.
- Develop communication skills in English by exploring the use of the senses in description.
- Produce written work to illustrate their comprehension, and provide a foundation for the production of further work.
- L2 Lesson Plan - PDF (493 KB)
- L2 Worksheet - PDF (536 KB)
- Additional Worksheet -Writing Haiku- PDF (211 KB)