Journeys with Haiku: Lesson 1
Subject: English / Other Topics
Level: Key Stage 3
Age: 11-15 years
Resource Type: Presentations / Lesson Plans / Worksheets
In this lesson, students will respond creatively to images of Japan, using sensory language to write a description of a scene and will reflect on the concept of journeys.
Explore the uses of the 5 senses in description to:
- Identify words which explore the senses
- Explore the effect of sensory language
- Explain how sensory language creates meaning
- Understand the key elements of Haiku
- Learn about how to explore nature and their physical environment through language.
- L1 Lesson Plan - PDF (432 KB)
- L1 Presentation - PPTX (2.1 MB)
- L1 Worksheet - PDF (3 MB)
- Additional Worksheet -Journey Using Five Senses- PDF (157 KB)