Geography of Japan - Lesson 7
For the final lesson in this unit, students will consider the different materials and techniques which have been used to design buildings in Japan, allowing them to withstand earthquakes. Students will choose the most appropriate materials and techniques for their own design which they can draw or make into a 3D model.
- Identify building materials and design aspects suitable for earthquake prone areas.
- Explain some aspects of earthquake proof design.
- Evaluate the effectiveness of an earthquake proof building design.
- Lesson Plan: L7 Japanese Buildings - PDF (631 KB)
- Presentation: L7 Japanese Buildings - PPTX (3.1 MB)
- Worksheet: L7 Building Design - PDF (255 KB)