Children’s Day (May)
Subject: Geography / Other Topics
Level: Key Stage 1 / Key Stage 2
Age: 5-7 years / 7-11 years
Resource Type: Activities / Presentations / Lesson Plans / Videos / Other
The Children’s Festival is celebrated on May 5th. On this day, families pray for the health and happiness of their children. It is called kodomo no hi in Japanese.
- To produce creative work, to explore ideas about health and Japanese Children’s Day.
- To improve physical coordination as a warm-up for art and craft activities.
- Children's Day Lesson Plan (PDF)
- Children's Day Background Notes (PDF)
- Children's Day Presentation (PPT)
- Children's Day: Culture Notes Worksheet (PDF) - Ideal for home learning
- Video - Children’s Day in Japan
Japan Society Loan Resources
- Koinobori Flags and Origami paper in Japan Activity Chest