Kamishibai: Lesson 3
Subject: Art & Design / English / Other Topics
Level: Key Stage 1 / Key Stage 2
Age: 5-7 years / 7-11 years
Resource Type: Lesson Plans / Videos
Develop Story Mapping Skills
In this lesson students continue to look at story structure and build on the skills from the previous two lessons by creating a story map, putting all the key events of a story in order. At the end of the lesson they will review their own work.
- Develop skills to organise and visualise story content using mapping techniques.
- Focus on using effective vocabulary to retell your story with precision and flair.
- Use verbal (discussion) skills to deconstruct and retell a story.
- Edit and proof-read your own work.
- L3 Lesson Plan [English Curriculum - PDF (582 KB)
- L3 Lesson Plan [Scottish Curriculum] - PDF (503 KB)