Kamishibai: Lesson 2
Subject: Art & Design / English / Other Topics
Level: Key Stage 1 / Key Stage 2
Age: 5-7 years / 7-11 years
Resource Type: Activities / Presentations / Lesson Plans / Worksheets / Videos / Other
The World of the Peach Boy
Students will learn about traditional rural Japan and use mind-maps as a tool to summarise and present key information.
- Identify key information about Japanese culture.
- Summarise and present key information using mind-maps as a planning tool.
- Create an information leaflet about Japan, using the mind map to inform the leaflet writing.
- L2 Lesson Plan [English Curriculum] - PDF (583 KB)
- L2 Lesson Plan [Scottish Curriculum] - PDF (557 KB)
- Powerpoint: Explore the Peach Boy's World - PPT (5.5 MB)
- Kamishibai Example Mind Map [for teachers] - PDF (581 KB)
- Worksheet: Japan Information Leaflet [for students] - PDF (180 KB)