Kamishibai: Lesson 7
Subject: Art & Design / English / Other Topics
Level: Key Stage 1 / Key Stage 2
Age: 5-7 years / 7-11 years
Resource Type: Lesson Plans / Worksheets / Videos
Manga and Kamishibai
This optional art class combines Kamishibai with Manga, giving students a basic introduction to this popular artistic style and allowing them to experiment and create their own manga characters which can be included in their kamishibai.
- Understanding the techniques and features of Japanese manga
- Demonstrate understanding of manga by developing own drawing techniques, using Japanese manga as a model.
- Experiment with a range of illustration skills (line drawing, drawing characters, and expressing emotions in characters).
- L7 Lesson Plan [English Curriculum] - PDF (452 KB)
- L7 Lesson Plan [Scottish Curriculum] - PDF (444 KB)
- Kamishibai Example Illustration [Girl] - PDF (124 KB)
- Kamishibai Example Illustration [Boy] - PDF (113 KB)
- Kamishibai Example Illustration [Animals] - PDF (125 KB)
- Worksheet: Manga Style [Teacher notes] - PDF (430 KB)
- Worksheet: Manga Style [for students] - PDF (348 KB)