Geography of Japan - Lesson 5
Japan is well known for having a large number of active volcanoes and in this lesson students will study Sakurajima, located on the island of Kyushu and learn to describe its key features. In addition, students will consider the impact that Sakurajima has on the surrounding area and categorise these into social, economic and environmental effects.
- Describe a volcano and its location.
- Categorise the effects and responses of an eruption.
- Evaluate the advantages and disadvantages of living near a volcano.
- Lesson Plan: L5 Volcanoes - PDF (553 KB)
- Presentation: L5 Volcanoes - PPTX (2 MB)
- Worksheet: L5 Sakurajima Fact File - PDF (75 KB)