Geography of Japan - Lesson 4
In Lesson 4, students study a population graph and produce a written description of the changes in Japan over the past 100 years. There is also the option for them to compare this against changes in other countries, including the UK. Students will then use population data to produce their own choropleth map showing Japan’s population density and consider the relationship between climate and population density.
- Describe the population change and distribution in Japan.
- Demonstrate the population distribution of Japan.
- Suggest reasons for the population distribution of Japan.
- Lesson Plan: L4 Population - PDF (575 KB)
- Presentation: L4 Population - PPTX (2.2 MB)
- Information Sheet: L4 Population Data - PDF (528 KB)
- Information Sheet: L4 Japanese Prefectures Map - (442 KB)
- Worksheet: L4 Population Density Worksheet - PDF (205 KB)