Japanese Culture and Wellbeing - Lesson 2
In this lesson, students will explore the importance of connecting with other people, one of the '5 Ways to Wellbeing'. Using the Japanese festival of Obon, students will think about what home and family means and why connecting with others improves our wellbeing.
- To think about the concept of home and our relationships with other
- To learn about some customs and traditions associated with festivals in Japan, particularly Obon
- To understand the importance of connecting with others and how it contributes to positive wellbeing
- Lesson Plan - Family, Friends & Festivals - PDF (581 KB)
- Presentation - Friends, Family & Festivals - PPTX (2.5 MB)
- Activity - Lantern Origami Instructions- PDF (73 KB)
- Video - Obon Festival
For more resources about Obon, please visit the Obon Festival page.